IDays 2023 – TRU Newsroom
With over 101 countries and regions represented on campus, IDays presents the opportunity to bring the world and its perspectives into one place in a capacity that enriches the campus and the community. Culture is defined by all the senses and everything around us – through food, attire, music, dance, and so much more, we can experience the cultures of our community.
IDays empowers students, faculty and visitors with the space to express their experiences and perspectives and connect on a profoundly human level.
All events are FREE. However, some events may have limited space.
Explore and register for all of our events here: https://www.tru.ca/internationaldays/schedule.html
Some events of interest are:
March 8, 2023
- Opening Ceremonies – Student Street, Old Main – 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. PST
- Drum Café – Mountain Room, Campus Activity Centre – 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST
- IDays 2023 Keynote Speaker, Sarain Fox – Grand Hall, Campus Activity Centre – 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. PST
March 9, 2023
- Storied Servings: Intercultural Potluck and Storytelling Event – Panorama Room, International Building – 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Keynote Speaker, Gwynne Dyer -Terrace Room, Campus Activity Centre, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. PST
March 10, 2023
- World Tea Expo – First Floor Foyer, International Building – 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. PST
- Showcase – TRU Gym – 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Global Glow Party – TRU Gym – Doors open at 9:00 p.m. PST
March 11, 2023
2023 marks a return to IDays and launches TRU World’s 40th anniversary! The 40th anniversary symbolizes leadership, innovation and a legacy that guides a future built for everyone.
So, join us in the celebrations!