B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update | BC Gov News
As of Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021, 89.0% (4,123,354) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.9% (3,842,247) have received their second dose.
In addition, 89.4% (3,867,728) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 83.6% (3,615,342) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 580 new cases of COVID-19, including 11 epi-linked cases, for a total of 195,766 cases in the province.
There are 5,348 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 187,985 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 378 individuals are in hospital and 153 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 246 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 2,449
- 53 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 104 new cases in Interior Health
- 129 new cases in Northern Health
- 48 new cases in Island Health
- No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
In the past 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,042.
The new deaths include:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: one
- Interior Health: five
- Northern Health: one
- Island Health: two
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks, for a total of 19 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health); and
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health); and
- Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).
- assisted or independent living:
- Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health); and
- Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
From Oct. 6-12, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 66.9% of cases.
From Sept. 29-Oct. 12, they accounted for 75.0% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 6-12) – Total 4,052
- Not vaccinated: 2,441 (60.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 270 (6.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,341 (33.1%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 29-Oct. 12) – Total 456
- Not vaccinated: 319 (70.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 23 (5.0%)
- Fully vaccinated: 114 (25.0%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 6-12)
- Not vaccinated: 267.3
- Partially vaccinated: 76.6
- Fully vaccinated: 32.0
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 29-Oct. 12)
- Not vaccinated: 51.6
- Partially vaccinated: 10.3
- Fully vaccinated: 2.6
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,008,858 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For new regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit:
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BC Centre for Disease Control’s (BCCDC) weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 7:35 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Dawson Falls North Trail – Kamloops Trails
Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 2:01 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Why not leave those leaves alone?
Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 9:01 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Raptor Ridge Ramble – Kamloops Trails
Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 9:18 am - Arjun Singh posted on their blog: 10 Tips for Successful Council Campaigns and Successful Council Terms….
Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 8:50 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Forest Lakes Loop – Kamloops Trails
Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 9:01 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Opax Mountain Cliffs (From the East)
Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 6:35 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: CBD gummy scam illustrates need for media literacy
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 9:01 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Central Mountain Trail (Murtle Lake)
Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Osprey Lookout Trail – Kamloops Trails