British Columbia News
Area restriction implemented for Eagle Bluff wildfire
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:20 PM
The BC Wildfire Service has implemented an area restriction order for Crown land in the vicinity of the Eagle Bluff wildfire in order to protect public safety and ensure the safety of firefighting personnel. This area restriction is effective as of noon on Aug.13, 2019.
This order will remain in place until noon on Aug. 30, 2019, or until it is rescinded. This order applies to Crown land within the geographic boundaries shown on the map posted online: http://ow.ly/mDym30plB6F
Note, this does not include Osoyoos I.R. No. 1 as it is not Crown land.
Under this order and Section 11(2) of the Wildfire Act, a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person enters the area only in the course of:
- travelling to or from his or her principle residence that is not under an evacuation order;
- travelling to or from leased property for the purposes of accessing a secondary residence or recreational property that is not under an evacuation order;
- travelling as a person acting in an official capacity;
- travelling for the purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities; and
- engaging and/or participating in agricultural activities pertaining to livestock management on private or leased property.
To report a wildfire or open burning violation, call 1 800 663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cellphone.
For the latest information on current wildfire activity, burning restrictions, road closures and air quality advisories, go to: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/wildfire-status