Reinecker Creek Loop – Kamloops Trails
Reinecker Creek flows from the Shuswap Highlands down to Shuswap Lake, passing through Herald Provincial Park. A loop trail climbs the hill to a viewpoint on the east side of the hill above Margaret Falls, then we can loop back by crossing the creek on a bridge. An unsigned side trail parallels the upper canyon and goes down to a viewpoint of three hidden waterfalls.
The trail up the east side is a dry, open hillside, but the Reinecker Creek Valley is filled with mature cedars and hemlocks.
I was able to scramble down to the creek at one of the waterfalls where a pool is situated below a 2m falls. This is a panorama shot combining 9 images (using the DJI Pocket 2 camera). This is a lovely spot in the summer.
We crossed the bridge and returned by the trail on the west side of the creek.
Reinecker Creek flows down through the campsite to the lake.
- Park at either the Margaret Falls parking lot or Herald Park.
- the east-side trail is 260m east of the Margaret Falls trail. A trail from the day-use area is a good choice.
- The trail winds up to a viewpoint, then continues north along a ridge, high above Reinecker Creek.
- An unmarked side trail doubles back toward the creek gorge 200 m before the bridge. Follow it down to several viewpoints of the 3 upper falls.
- Return to the main trail and complete the 4.5 km loop.
Doug writes for Kamloops Trails, a not-for-profit (and ad free) website, offering information on trails, waterways, routes, featured spots, viewpoints, and explorations in the outdoors in the Kamloops area (and beyond).
Doug started exploring this area in 1976 and continues to follow tracks and routes wherever they lead, with the aid of map, compass, GPSr and camera. After many dead-ends, but also many discoveries, he chose to share this information.
The Kamloops Trails website has a massive number of interesting posts and would be of interest to anyone in Kamloops who enjoys the outdoors. Visit the Kamloops Trails website at: http://www.kamloopstrails.net/My Blog Posts