Building a Better Future: Nancy Bepple for Kamloops City Council 2022
Fresh Ideas for Kamloops
- Housing – Smaller lots, infills, lower parking requirements all help to keep housing affordable.
- Investing in Livability – Places to recreate, preservation of the wild spaces, and why a performing arts centre would be a legacy for us all.
- Strengthening Community – Housing helps many problems, healthcare is one piece of the puzzle, and we need more than police.
- Climate resilience – Climate change is upon us. Implementing the City’s Climate Action Plan, such as better biking and pedestrian infrastructure, needs to be a priority of the next council.
- Nancy Bepple’s family has been part of the Kamloops community since 1934. She grew up here and came back to live and work.
- Elected as a City of Kamloops Councillor (2008-11, 2011-14).
- Chair of RAFT Refugees & Friends Together
- Board member of TRIPS Canoe Club.
- Co-founder of Kamloops Outdoor Skating Association where she helped build and maintain ovals and rinks at Inks Lake throughout COVID winters.
- Co-founder of Advocates for Kamloops Extended Care.
- Volunteer: Emergency Social Services (ESS), PIT Stop, and Changing the Face of Poverty, CMHA Ride Don’t Hide.
- Successful Business Person with clients across Canada and the US.
- Coop Coordinator at Thompson Rivers University (2001-2021), helped thousands of young people connect with computing science, engineering and technology jobs in Kamloops, and across BC.
- BSc Math/Computing Science, MSc Atmospheric Science, EdD in Educational Policy & Leadership
What Nancy does for fun
In her spare time she loves whitewater canoeing in the summertime and outdoor skating in the winter. She plans on doing a two week wilderness canoe trip to the Stikine River in summer 2022. And she loves to play the banjo at extended care hospitals.
Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 4:16 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Climate change, tipping points and economic gain
Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 8:58 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Zupjok Peak – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 5:25 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Finding our place along the grand scale
Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 8:52 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Through the Black Forests on the Bonaparte Plateau
Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 8:52 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Estekwalan Mountain (2022) – Kamloops Trails
Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 8:52 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Stake Lake Paddle and Giant Firs Hike
Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 6:12 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Water runs through the climate crisis
Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 8:48 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Campbell Point Trails – Kamloops Trails
Sat, Sep 3, 2022 at 8:52 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On the McQueen Lake Trails
Wed Sep 21 Wednesday Night Trivia at Fox’N Hounds Pub
Thu Sep 22 Thursday Night Trivia at Tumbleweeds Pub
Thu Sep 22 Thursday Night Trivia at Rick’n Firkin Pub
Sat Sep 24 Saturday Night Trivia at Alchemy Brewing
Mon Sep 26 Monday Night Trivia at Westsyder Pub
Tue Sep 27 Tuesday Night Trivia at Carlos O’Bryan’s
Wed Sep 28 Wednesday Night Trivia at Fox’N Hounds Pub
Thu Sep 29 Thursday Night Trivia at Tumbleweeds Pub
Thu Sep 29 Thursday Night Trivia at Rick’n Firkin Pub
Fri Sep 30 Dvořák & Jam
Sat Oct 1 New Word / New Beats
Sat Oct 1 Saturday Night Trivia at Alchemy Brewing
Sun Oct 2 Dvořák Delights
Mon Oct 3 Monday Night Trivia at Westsyder Pub