City of Kamloops Welcomes Residents Back to Recreation and Fitness Facilities Under Adjusted Public Health Orders
The City of Kamloops would like to provide clarity on the impacts of the updated Provincial Health Orders to recreation and fitness activities at City facilities, as we continue to abide by all orders.
Effective January 20, 2022, fitness facilities and gyms are permitted to open under specific protocols, including reduced occupancy limits, cleaning standards, and requiring proof of vaccination. Proof of full vaccination is required for aged 12 and over to access recreational facilities or to participate in sport and recreation programs, including aquatics.
Recreation, Health, and Wellness
- All gyms and recreation facilities, including the Fieldhouse, are open.
- Select fitness equipment in gyms may be unavailable due to spacing requirements as set out by the Public Health Order.
- Masks are mandatory at all times when not engaged in physical activity, however encouraged while exercising.
- Showers, lockers, and touchless water refill stations are available for use.
- Pre-registration is required for AquaFit and lesson programs.
- Pre-registration is not required for public, lap, or leisure swims.
- In-water lifeguard instruction is delayed until further notice. Instructors will continue to teach lessons from the pool deck.
- Pre-registration is required for public skating, drop-in hockey, and Stick, Puck & Ring.
- Users are to come to the arena dressed ready for play and leave dressed to minimize the amount of time required in the arena.
“We appreciate the public’s patience as we continue to adjust our operations following the Provincial Health Orders,” said Linda Stride, the City’s Recreation, Health and Wellness Supervisor. “We look forward to welcoming our recreational users back and ask residents to allow extra time for themselves and continue to be kind to staff as we work through the updated protocols including confirming proof of vaccination.”
Residents wishing to pre-register for AquaFit or skating activities can register at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind.
For full details on recreation, fitness, and facility restrictions as well as proof of vaccination requirements, please visit Kamloops.ca/ OperationalAdjustments.
Residents are reminded to stay home if they are feeling ill or if they’ve been exposed to COVID-19.
Thu, May 19, 2022 at 12:37 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Will Canada finally stem rising aviation emissions in 2022?
Tue, May 17, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Wandering on Dewdrop Ridge – Kamloops Trails
Sun, May 15, 2022 at 8:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Six Mile Thrice – Kamloops Trails
Sat, May 14, 2022 at 6:10 pm - Bill Sundhu posted on their blog: There is no Peace without Justice! »
Thu, May 12, 2022 at 10:13 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Green living is good for you — and the planet
Tue, May 10, 2022 at 7:45 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Early Hiking in the Frederick Bluffs
Sat, May 7, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Up the NE Mara Route
Thu, May 5, 2022 at 11:18 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Suppressed science shows fish farms endanger wild salmon
Tue, May 3, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: A Moderate Hike on the Uplands Trails
Sat Apr 23 to Sat Jun 18 Sailing Pretty Close to the Wind
Sat May 7 to Sat May 21 Barb’s Used Book & Music Sale
Thu May 12 to Sat May 28 WCT: The Wizard of Oz
Thu May 12 to Sat May 28 The Wizard of Oz
Tue May 17 Tuesday Night Trivia at Carlos O’Bryan’s
Wed May 18 Wednesday Night Trivia at Fox’N Hounds Pub
Thu May 19 Thursday Night Trivia at Tumbleweeds Pub
Thu May 19 Thursday Night Trivia at Rick’n Firkin Pub
Fri May 20 to Sat May 21 Paule Kype & Texas Flood
Fri May 20 Eric Johnston Run With The Bull Comedy Tour
Fri May 20 Film: The Last Tourist
Fri May 20 Film: Bootlegger
Fri May 20 The Olivia Show: A Tribute to Olivia Newton-John
Sat May 21 Eamon McGrath and his Electric Band with St.Arnaud