B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update | BC Gov News
As of Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2022, 88.9% (4,429,847) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.2% (4,148,538) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.2% (4,275,308) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.5% (4,148,174) received their second dose and 27.9% (1,293,926) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.6% (4,005,282) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90% (3,891,188) received their second dose and 29.9% (1,292,823) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 2,859 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 288,939 cases in the province.
Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
There are currently 36,641 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 246,693 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 500 individuals are currently in hospital and 102 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 982 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 16,524
- 697 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 10,102
- 534 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 4,628
- 195 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,139
- 451 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 4,245
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: three
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,455.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: two
- Vancouver Coastal Health: one
- Northern Health: one
- Island Health: two
There have been five new health-care facility outbreaks at Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital (Fraser Health) and Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health). The outbreak at Ridgeview Lodge (Interior Health) has been declared over, for a total of 49 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- The Oxford Senior Care Home, Fort Langley Seniors Community, AgeCare Harmony Court, New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Chartwell Crescent Gardens, The Residence in Mission, Czorny Alzheimer Centre, George Derby Centre, White Rock Seniors Village, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Kinsmen Lodge, Kiwanis Care Centre, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge, Morgan Place, Maple Ridge Seniors Village, Dania Home, Amica White Rock, Glenwood Seniors Community (Fraser Health);
- Kopernik Lodge, Fraserview Retirement Community, Lakeview Care Centre, St. Vincent’s Langara, German Canadian Benevolent Society Home, Crofton Manor (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Mount Cartier Court, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
- Amica Douglas House, Aberdeen Hospital, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Selkirk Seniors Village, Clover Point Care, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – Long Term Care, and Oyster Harbour (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital, Royal Columbian Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital (Fraser Health); and
- Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- The Waverly Seniors Village (Fraser Health)
From Jan. 4-10, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 20.1% of cases and from Dec. 28 to Jan. 10, they accounted for 35.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 4-10) – Total 18,737
- Not vaccinated: 3,162 (16.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 599 (3.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 14,976 (79.9%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 28 to Jan. 10) – Total 615
- Not vaccinated: 194 (31.5%)
- Partially vaccinated: 27 (4.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 394 (64.1%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 4-10)
- Not vaccinated: 468.5
- Partially vaccinated: 192.1
- Fully vaccinated: 324.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 28 to Jan. 10)
- Not vaccinated: 47.2
- Partially vaccinated: 22.2
- Fully vaccinated: 8.5
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 9,834,018 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
For weekly update on variants of concern (VOC), visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/VoC/VoC_Weekly_20220107.pdf
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For the Dec. 21, 2021, announcement on additional COVID-19 measures, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0234-002431
For the Dec. 21, 2021, PowerPoint presentation on COVID-19 updated measures, boosters and rapid antigen testing in B.C., visit:
For the Dec. 17, 2021, announcement on new COVID-19 measures, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0230-002414
For the Nov. 23, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 pediatric vaccine for children aged 5-11, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0209-002245
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care
workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Snowshoeing the Bush Lake North Loop
Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 10:01 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Is there a rational argument against climate action?
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 8:30 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Clapperton Hill Traverse Video – Kamloops Trails
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 9:12 am - Your DJ created a new Profile
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Red Hill Ramble – Kamloops Trails
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Georgina Point Heritage Park – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 10:02 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Rest is good, but resolving global crises means not looking away
Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Exploring the Hills in the Snow
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 8:30 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Red Rock Canyon Loop – Kamloops Trails
Mon Feb 28 The Offspring
Thu Mar 24 to Sat Apr 2 WCT: Clean
Thu Mar 31 to Sat Apr 9 WCT: Kim’s Convenience
Thu Apr 21 to Sat May 7 WCT: Hey Viola!
Thu May 12 to Sat May 28 WCT: The Wizard of Oz
Thu Jun 2 to Sat Jun 11 WCT: Echoes of the Homesick Heart