B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update | BC Gov News
As of Friday, Nov. 5, 2021, 90.2% (4,179,061) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.7% (3,973,745) have received their second dose.
In addition, 90.6% (3,917,869) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.3% (3,733,309) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 549 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 208,265 cases in the province.
There are 4,483 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 201,267 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 441 individuals are in hospital and 129 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 184 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,903
- 78 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 110 new cases in Interior Health
- 102 new cases in Northern Health
- 73 new cases in Island Health
- two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Northern Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,201.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Bethshan Gardens (Fraser Health). The outbreak at West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 37 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Cherington Place, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens (Fraser Health);
- Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
- Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
- Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health);
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake, Hallmark on the Park and Bethshan Gardens (Fraser Health).
There have been two new outbreaks at King’s Christian School and Vernon Christian School (Interior Health).
From Oct. 28 to Nov. 3, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.3% of cases.
From Oct. 21 to Nov. 3, they accounted for 71.1% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 28 to Nov. 3) – Total 3,366
- Not vaccinated: 2,017 (59.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 181 (5.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,168 (34.7%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 21 to Nov. 3) – Total 456
- Not vaccinated: 294 (64.5%)
- Partially vaccinated: 30 (6.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 132 (28.9%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 28 to Nov. 3)
- Not vaccinated: 254.8
- Partially vaccinated: 62.3
- Fully vaccinated: 27.0
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 21 to Nov. 3)
- Not vaccinated: 56.9
- Partially vaccinated: 16.0
- Fully vaccinated: 2.9
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,311,858 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Nov. 4, 2021, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/04.11.21_Covid19Modelling.pdf
For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit: https://www.northernhealth.ca/sites/northern_health/files/health-information/health-topics/orders/documents/nh-gatherings-events-orders-oct-2021.pdf
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care
workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
Sun, May 15, 2022 at 8:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Six Mile Thrice – Kamloops Trails
Sat, May 14, 2022 at 6:10 pm - Bill Sundhu posted on their blog: There is no Peace without Justice! »
Thu, May 12, 2022 at 10:13 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Green living is good for you — and the planet
Tue, May 10, 2022 at 7:45 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Early Hiking in the Frederick Bluffs
Sat, May 7, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Up the NE Mara Route
Thu, May 5, 2022 at 11:18 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Suppressed science shows fish farms endanger wild salmon
Tue, May 3, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: A Moderate Hike on the Uplands Trails
Sun, May 1, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Hiking the Battle Creek Hills
Sun, May 1, 2022 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Hiking the Abbey Road Hills
Sat Apr 23 to Sat Jun 18 Sailing Pretty Close to the Wind
Sat May 7 to Sat May 21 Barb’s Used Book & Music Sale
Thu May 12 to Sat May 28 WCT: The Wizard of Oz
Thu May 12 to Sat May 28 The Wizard of Oz
Tue May 17 Tuesday Night Trivia at Carlos O’Bryan’s
Wed May 18 Wednesday Night Trivia at Fox’N Hounds Pub
Thu May 19 Thursday Night Trivia at Tumbleweeds Pub
Thu May 19 Thursday Night Trivia at Rick’n Firkin Pub
Fri May 20 to Sat May 21 Paule Kype & Texas Flood
Fri May 20 Eric Johnston Run With The Bull Comedy Tour
Fri May 20 Film: The Last Tourist
Fri May 20 Film: Bootlegger
Fri May 20 The Olivia Show: A Tribute to Olivia Newton-John
Sat May 21 Eamon McGrath and his Electric Band with St.Arnaud