B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update | BC Gov News
As of Friday, Nov. 5, 2021, 90.2% (4,179,061) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.7% (3,973,745) have received their second dose.
In addition, 90.6% (3,917,869) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.3% (3,733,309) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 549 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 208,265 cases in the province.
There are 4,483 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 201,267 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 441 individuals are in hospital and 129 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 184 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,903
- 78 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 110 new cases in Interior Health
- 102 new cases in Northern Health
- 73 new cases in Island Health
- two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Northern Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,201.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Bethshan Gardens (Fraser Health). The outbreak at West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 37 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Cherington Place, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens (Fraser Health);
- Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
- Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
- Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health);
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake, Hallmark on the Park and Bethshan Gardens (Fraser Health).
There have been two new outbreaks at King’s Christian School and Vernon Christian School (Interior Health).
From Oct. 28 to Nov. 3, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.3% of cases.
From Oct. 21 to Nov. 3, they accounted for 71.1% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 28 to Nov. 3) – Total 3,366
- Not vaccinated: 2,017 (59.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 181 (5.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,168 (34.7%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 21 to Nov. 3) – Total 456
- Not vaccinated: 294 (64.5%)
- Partially vaccinated: 30 (6.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 132 (28.9%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 28 to Nov. 3)
- Not vaccinated: 254.8
- Partially vaccinated: 62.3
- Fully vaccinated: 27.0
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 21 to Nov. 3)
- Not vaccinated: 56.9
- Partially vaccinated: 16.0
- Fully vaccinated: 2.9
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,311,858 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Nov. 4, 2021, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/04.11.21_Covid19Modelling.pdf
For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit: https://www.northernhealth.ca/sites/northern_health/files/health-information/health-topics/orders/documents/nh-gatherings-events-orders-oct-2021.pdf
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care
workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: An Outer Inks Ramble – Kamloops Trails
Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Rose Hill Trails – Kamloops Trails
Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 4:54 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Big, small or in between, wild animals should not be pets
Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 8:33 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Mount Parke Trails – Kamloops Trails
Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Clapperton Hill Traverse – Kamloops Trails
Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 8:50 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Trails on the East Side of Lac le Jeune
Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 5:00 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Where do we go from COP26?
Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: White Lake Lookout – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 12:00 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: It will take more than electric cars to drive down emissions
Fri Nov 19 to Wed Dec 22 SMALL//works
Thu Dec 2 to Sat Dec 11 WCT: Chelsea Hotel: The Songs of Leonard Cohen
Wed Dec 8 Trivia at Fox’n Hound
Thu Dec 9 Trivia Night at Tumbleweeds Pub
Fri Dec 10 Femme Fatale Dance Presents: A Roaring 20’s Christmas Show
Fri Dec 10 Open Mic at Pizza Pi
Sat Dec 11 Trivia at Alchemy Brewing
Sat Dec 11 to Sat Dec 11 Christmas with the KSO
Sat Dec 11 KSO Presents: Christmas with the KSO
Tue Dec 14 Trivia Night at Carlos O’Bryan’s
Wed Dec 15 Trivia at Fox’n Hound
Thu Dec 16 Trivia Night at Tumbleweeds Pub
Fri Dec 17 Open Mic at Pizza Pi
Sat Dec 18 Trivia at Alchemy Brewing