B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update | BC Gov News
As of Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2021, 90.1% (4,174,139) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.5% (3,963,038) received their second dose.
In addition, 90.5% (3,913,478) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.1% (3,723,644) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 430 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 207,120 cases in the province.
There are currently 4,373 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 200,220 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 137 individuals are currently in intensive care.
Note: Due to a data error, the number of people in hospital has not been included in today’s report and will be provided tomorrow.
The new/active cases include:
- 202 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,891
- 56 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 88 new cases in Interior Health
- 37 new cases in Northern Health
- 47 new cases in Island Health
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,192.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: four
- Interior Health: one
- Island Health: one
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Hallmark on the Park (Fraser Health). The outbreaks at Heritage Village and Magnolia Gardens (Fraser Health) have been declared over, for a total of 40 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens (Fraser Health);
- Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake and Hallmark on the Park (Fraser Health).
From Oct. 26 to Nov. 1, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.5% of cases and from Oct. 19 to Nov. 1 they accounted for 72.4% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 26 to Nov. 1) – Total 3,732
- Not vaccinated: 2,206 (59.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 200 (5.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,326 (35.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 19 to Nov. 1) – Total 449
- Not vaccinated: 296 (65.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 29 (6.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 124 (27.6%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 26 to Nov. 1)
- Not vaccinated: 282.7
- Partially vaccinated: 69.5
- Fully vaccinated: 30.7
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 19 to Nov. 1)
- Not vaccinated: 57.0
- Partially vaccinated: 14.2
- Fully vaccinated: 2.8
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,278,198 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit:
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) weekly data summary:
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit:
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 11:06 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: People suffer as climate disrupters rake in massive profits
Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 8:48 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Our Best Hikes: Stake Lake Trails
Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 8:38 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Hamilton Corrals Hike – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 9:51 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Should we be working 15-hour weeks?
Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 8:49 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: The Deep Lake Loop – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 8:56 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Deja Vu and the Cocobonk
Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 6:58 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: A sunny outlook for energy on Canada’s windy Prairies
Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 8:47 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: A Loop Route on the Orchard Lake Trails
Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 8:28 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Dikes and Dales – Kamloops Trails
Thu Jun 23 to Sun Jun 26 Cirque du Soleil “OVO”
Fri Jun 24 to Sat Jun 25 The Serious Dogs
Sat Jun 25 Saturday Night Trivia at Alchemy Brewing
Mon Jun 27 Monday Night Trivia at Westsyder Pub
Mon Jun 27 The Stampeders – Celebrating 50 Years
Tue Jun 28 Tuesday Night Trivia at Carlos O’Bryan’s
Wed Jun 29 Wednesday Night Trivia at Fox’N Hounds Pub
Wed Jun 29 Dancing Queen: A Tribute to ABBA
Thu Jun 30 Thursday Night Trivia at Tumbleweeds Pub
Thu Jun 30 Thursday Night Trivia at Rick’n Firkin Pub
Fri Jul 1 to Sat Jul 2 Someone to Blame
Sat Jul 2 Saturday Night Trivia at Alchemy Brewing
Mon Jul 4 Monday Night Trivia at Westsyder Pub
Tue Jul 5 Tuesday Night Trivia at Carlos O’Bryan’s