Kamloops Tiny House Workshop – TRU Newsroom
Learn how to design and build your very own tiny house in this two-and-a-half-day jam-packed workshop August 6 to 8.
This is what you would call a crash course. It saves you months of research, ensures you are ready to go tiny, and that you design the best tiny house for you. You are learning from a professional teacher who designed and build their own tiny house, has been living in it for five years. You are in good hands.
This Tiny House Workshop offers something for everyone, from the skilled craftsperson to someone who has never picked up a hammer.
The goal is to ensure you walk into this exciting next step with your eyes wide open. No sugar coating. And so much content. Including:
- What tiny home living is all about: the good, the bad and the awesome
- How to plan and design a tiny home starting from the trailer up
- A step-by-step construction process so you know what you’re doing every step of the way
- Living systems: heating, waste, energy and water options
- Legalities: for the road, building codes and zoning/bylaws
- Utilities, product reviews, trailer options — you name it, you are going to become the local tiny house expert
Read the full workshop description here: https://atinyhouseworkshop.com/the-workshop/
Register now at www.ATinyHouseWorkshop.com
Where and when:
We meet at 5:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 6, at the Alumni Theatre in the TRU Clocktower Building, 805 TRU Way. The course then runs from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 7 and 8.
- Receive a 20 percent discount by using the code: PARTNERDISCOUNT20
- This workshop frequently sells out
Cancellation policy: You can cancel and receive a full refund up to four weeks before the workshop. After that, all cancellations are non-refundable. In the event the workshop is cancelled (such as for COVID), you will receive a full refund.
We have engineered this workshop to be COVID safe. We will be practicing all recommended guidelines for this event at the time it is held. There are three possibilities:
- No lockdown. The world returns to normal. You get to experience this workshop-like everyone else has for the past 5 years I have taught it. WOOT!
- Full lockdown. You attend the workshop like a drive-in movie theatre. We will have a projector and FM transmitter, and you get to experience the workshop from the comfort and safety of your vehicle.
- Some restrictions. We have six-foot distancing between participants and masks.
Let’s be safe, learn, and enjoy a workshop together.
Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: West Kenna Wanderings – Kamloops Trails
Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 1:50 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Greening the red list can accelerate species recovery
Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Tod Mountain End-of Summer Loop
Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 6:09 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Let’s tip the scales toward justice
Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Taylor Basin – Kamloops Trails
Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 9:01 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Dewdrop Ridge Ramble – Kamloops Trails
Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Great Glacier Trail to the Ice
Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 12:51 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Climate-altering negligence is endangering our children
Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Twin Falls and the Whaleback Trail