City Adjusting Operations Due to Extreme Heat
The City of Kamloops will be adjusting operations this week in an effort to protect workers from the risks of extreme heat. Effective Tuesday, June 29:
- Mission Flats Landfill and the Kamloops Resource Recovery Centre will be open 7:00 am–12:00 pm noon on Tuesday and Wednesday. At this point, both facilities are scheduled to return to regular hours on Thursday, July 1. Visit Kamloops.ca/Landfills for regular hours of operation.
- Spray parks will be open 9:00 am–8:00 pm for the rest of the week.
- The Sandman Centre cooling centre is open 10:00 am–9:00 pm and will be open on Canada Day.
- Several capital projects and street projects have been shut down for the week, including Fleetwood Avenue, and 3rd Avenue projects. Other city staff working outdoors have significant work/rest requirements.
- The McArthur Island Vaccination Clinic has been temporarily closed, as there is no air-conditioning in the building. Staff and patients have been transferred to the Tournament Capital Centre clinic.
The City will continue to monitor the forecast and may extend these measures accordingly. If you have any questions about the City’s operational adjustments, please call 250-828-3461.
Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Lac le Jeune Lookout Ramble
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 9:00 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Is smaller better when it comes to nuclear?
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Lodgepole Lake Loops – Kamloops Trails
Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On Mt. Thynne – Kamloops Trails
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On the Upper Peterson Creek Trails
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 4:10 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: The climate is changing rapidly, but the oil industry isn’t
Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 5:00 pm - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Stake Lake Loops – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Big Pine Nature Hike – Kamloops Trails
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 9:40 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Blueberry River First Nations court victory offers path to reconciliation
Thu Jul 1 to Tue Aug 31 Music in the Park
Wed Aug 25 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Thu Aug 26 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Sat Sep 11 to Sun Sep 12 Parkinson SuperWalk
Tue Sep 28 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop