How to use Kaltura – TRU Newsroom
Kaltura is a video repository used for video creation, editing, storage and cataloguing, and integrates with WordPress and Moodle for video-based projects. You can also create captions and transcripts.
“Kaltura makes it easy for you to easily host and share video content, create and upload video and screen share content with your instructor through Moodle, or share with the world by accessing it through media.tru.ca,” says Jon Fulton from Open Learning.
Here’s a few tips to get you started:
- Log into Kaltura using your regular TRU credentials to interact with videos posted by other users, using comments and likes.
- Sign in to upload a new video on Kaltura, then click add new. From there, choose between different options about which video to upload. Select media upload if you have a pre-recorded video or use express capture to record a new video. Use Kaltura capture to record your screen and your face and the YouTube feature to embed video links.
- Upload previously recorded videos, record new ones, upload YouTube videos, create a video of your screen with your face in it, and create a video with quiz questions in it.
- Record your face and your computer screen simultaneously for a dynamic presentation.
- Edit your videos on Kaltura through to the drop-down menu actions. Click Launch Editor, where you’ll have the option to split the video, set an endpoint, or set a start point.
- Save a copy of your original video when making edits, so you have the option to refer to your first draft.
- Use the hotspot tool to add text when editing a video. Using this feature, you can also embed a URL link so viewers can click the text and be taken to the linked website.
- Create a more accessible product with an automatic online caption generator that ensures others can read along.
Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 1:00 pm - Doug Smith posted on their blog: In the Battle Creek Hills
Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 3:05 pm - Arjun Singh posted on their blog: Apologies for horrible word choice at Kamloops council this Tuesday….
Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 1:00 pm - Doug Smith posted on their blog: In the Cache Creek to Spences Bridge Hills
Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Sunrise Mountain Ramble – Kamloops Trails
Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 4:05 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: For climate’s sake, save the peat!
Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On the Embleton Trails – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:02 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Fossil fuel industry faces an overdue reckoning
Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Island Lake Loop – Kamloops Trails
Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 8:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Lac du Bois Loop Route
Fri Jun 18 to Sat Jul 17 “Painting with Wax” by Judith Anderson in the KAC Main Gallery
Thu Jun 24 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Thu Jul 1 to Tue Aug 31 Music in the Park
Wed Jul 14 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Thu Jul 29 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Wed Aug 25 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Thu Aug 26 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Sat Sep 11 to Sun Sep 12 Parkinson SuperWalk
Tue Sep 28 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop