Reset your life with breathwork practices – TRU Newsroom
Want to improve concentration, manage stress and have a more balanced life? Student Storyteller Simran Kaur was looking for meaningful techniques and solutions, so she attended a mindfulness series with Breathwork Coach Cheryl Hawrychuk and achieved phenomenal results.
Here are a few favourite suggestions:
- When we get anxious, our sense of stability can quickly unravel. Taking a moment to pause and notice your breath, you’ll be about to respond rather than react to a situation.
- If you feel overwhelmed by a problem, reach out to a friend, book an appointment with a counsellor, or write out your thoughts in a journal to make sense of your concerns and feelings.
- Moving your body can help shift or soften negative energy. Take a walk around the block, crank some tunes and dance around your room, catch a virtual exercise class, or roll out the yoga mat for a deep stretch. Any physical exertion will release relaxing hormones, refresh your body and provide some mental clarity.
- Living your life on autopilot can create a sense of numbness and apathy. Being mindful of your routines, habits, triggers, and relationships can help you make better, more thoughtful choices. Returning to your breath can bring you back to the present and your body.
- Managing your health, focusing on your breath and building a supportive community can help you make decisions that can empower you to continuously develop best practices to navigate any stresses that life throws at you.
- Attend wellness sessions that can help you develop new techniques to expand the scope of your self-care strategies.
Take the 10 Day Breath Break Challenge
For more questions related to wellness offerings, please contact Joy Demsey, Campus Wellness Advisor, People & Culture – Health and Well-Being
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 9:00 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Is smaller better when it comes to nuclear?
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Lodgepole Lake Loops – Kamloops Trails
Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On Mt. Thynne – Kamloops Trails
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On the Upper Peterson Creek Trails
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 4:10 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: The climate is changing rapidly, but the oil industry isn’t
Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 5:00 pm - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Stake Lake Loops – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Big Pine Nature Hike – Kamloops Trails
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 9:40 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Blueberry River First Nations court victory offers path to reconciliation
Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Along the Red Plateau Escarpment Rim
Thu Jul 1 to Tue Aug 31 Music in the Park
Wed Aug 25 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Thu Aug 26 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Sat Sep 11 to Sun Sep 12 Parkinson SuperWalk
Tue Sep 28 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop