Schreiner Street one of many slated for 2021 upgrades
Kamloops, BC – With spring upon us, construction season is up and running. Many local roads will be seeing facelifts in 2021, including Schreiner Street.
Starting April 12, the City has contracted BA Dawson Blacktop Ltd. to strip and repave Schreiner Street between Edgemount Avenue and Bossert Avenue, replace water and sanitary castings, and paint a pedestrian shoulder. The work is expected to be complete by May. Construction is scheduled to occur Monday–Saturday, 7:00 am–5:00 pm. Some evening work may be required.
Schreiner Street will be closed for duration of the project except for local traffic. Transit will also be impacted. See-up-to date information on detours and traffic impacts on the project page at Kamloops.ca/CapitalProjects.
Other upcoming work for this year includes:
- Reconstructing Westmount Drive, including water service replacements, drainage and sanitary upgrades, and the addition of a pedestrian walkway. Watch for this work starting this week.
- Repaving Columbia Street from Notre Dame Drive to McGill Road, including sections of Notre Dame Drive and Summit Drive. This work will also involve some utility works and signalization upgrades. Expect to see this project start in May.
- Repaving Victoria Street between 8th Avenue and 13th Avenue, including sections of Lansdowne Street and Battle Street. This project is scheduled for late summer.
- Repaving Fleetwood Avenue and constructing a new sidewalk.
- Repaving Comazzetto Road, completing utility work, and extending the sidewalk.
- Constructing the multi-use pathway on Summit Drive as part of the Summit-Downtown Active Transportation Connection. Details on this project are available at LetsTalk.Kamloops.ca/Summit-Downtown.
Work already underway for this year includes continuing Phase 2 of the Tranquille Sanitary Main Upgrade and repaving McArthur Island Ring Road.
For all of these projects, please obey all traffic control personnel and signage when driving in the vicinity of the construction, expect delays, and exercise caution and courtesy.
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 4:10 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: The climate is changing rapidly, but the oil industry isn’t
Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 5:00 pm - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Stake Lake Loops – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Big Pine Nature Hike – Kamloops Trails
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 9:40 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Blueberry River First Nations court victory offers path to reconciliation
Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Along the Red Plateau Escarpment Rim
Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Hiking the Wounded Knee Trail
Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Hiking in the McQueen Lake Area
Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 4:28 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Reparation, land and justice for Indigenous Peoples is long overdue
Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: White Horse Bluff Loop – Kamloops Trails
Thu Jul 1 to Tue Aug 31 Music in the Park
Thu Jul 29 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Wed Aug 25 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Thu Aug 26 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Sat Sep 11 to Sun Sep 12 Parkinson SuperWalk
Tue Sep 28 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop