Schreiner Street one of many slated for 2021 upgrades
Kamloops, BC – With spring upon us, construction season is up and running. Many local roads will be seeing facelifts in 2021, including Schreiner Street.
Starting April 12, the City has contracted BA Dawson Blacktop Ltd. to strip and repave Schreiner Street between Edgemount Avenue and Bossert Avenue, replace water and sanitary castings, and paint a pedestrian shoulder. The work is expected to be complete by May. Construction is scheduled to occur Monday–Saturday, 7:00 am–5:00 pm. Some evening work may be required.
Schreiner Street will be closed for duration of the project except for local traffic. Transit will also be impacted. See-up-to date information on detours and traffic impacts on the project page at Kamloops.ca/CapitalProjects.
Other upcoming work for this year includes:
- Reconstructing Westmount Drive, including water service replacements, drainage and sanitary upgrades, and the addition of a pedestrian walkway. Watch for this work starting this week.
- Repaving Columbia Street from Notre Dame Drive to McGill Road, including sections of Notre Dame Drive and Summit Drive. This work will also involve some utility works and signalization upgrades. Expect to see this project start in May.
- Repaving Victoria Street between 8th Avenue and 13th Avenue, including sections of Lansdowne Street and Battle Street. This project is scheduled for late summer.
- Repaving Fleetwood Avenue and constructing a new sidewalk.
- Repaving Comazzetto Road, completing utility work, and extending the sidewalk.
- Constructing the multi-use pathway on Summit Drive as part of the Summit-Downtown Active Transportation Connection. Details on this project are available at LetsTalk.Kamloops.ca/Summit-Downtown.
Work already underway for this year includes continuing Phase 2 of the Tranquille Sanitary Main Upgrade and repaving McArthur Island Ring Road.
For all of these projects, please obey all traffic control personnel and signage when driving in the vicinity of the construction, expect delays, and exercise caution and courtesy.
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Dewdrop Ridge – Battle Bluff Route
Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 10:24 pm - Arjun Singh posted on their blog: Late evening musings on one of Kamloops’ Council’s critical responsibilities…
Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Tranquille Hills Hike – Kamloops Trails
Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 8:30 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On the Savona to Sabiston Trail in March
Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 3:33 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Protecting the planet can prevent pandemics
Sun, Apr 4, 2021 at 8:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Hiking Rabbit Island in March
Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Siphon Draw to Flatiron Summit
Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 5:19 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Supreme Court decision puts Canada on right track for carbon pricing
Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On Tranquille Ridge – Kamloops Trails
Fri Apr 9 to Sat May 8 KSO Presents: Charlie Parker w/ Strings
Sat Apr 17 No Instruments Required
Fri Apr 23 to Sat May 22 KSO Presents: Voilà Viola!
Sun Apr 25 A Celebration with ZZ Top (New Date)
Thu Apr 29 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Wed May 5 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Sat May 15 A Virtual Choir Spring Fling
Thu May 27 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Sat May 29 Amadeus
Tue Jun 8 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Sat Jun 12 New Music for Piano and Viola
Thu Jun 24 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Thu Jul 1 to Tue Aug 31 Music in the Park
Wed Jul 14 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop