Schreiner Street one of many slated for 2021 upgrades
Kamloops, BC – With spring upon us, construction season is up and running. Many local roads will be seeing facelifts in 2021, including Schreiner Street.
Starting April 12, the City has contracted BA Dawson Blacktop Ltd. to strip and repave Schreiner Street between Edgemount Avenue and Bossert Avenue, replace water and sanitary castings, and paint a pedestrian shoulder. The work is expected to be complete by May. Construction is scheduled to occur Monday–Saturday, 7:00 am–5:00 pm. Some evening work may be required.
Schreiner Street will be closed for duration of the project except for local traffic. Transit will also be impacted. See-up-to date information on detours and traffic impacts on the project page at Kamloops.ca/CapitalProjects.
Other upcoming work for this year includes:
- Reconstructing Westmount Drive, including water service replacements, drainage and sanitary upgrades, and the addition of a pedestrian walkway. Watch for this work starting this week.
- Repaving Columbia Street from Notre Dame Drive to McGill Road, including sections of Notre Dame Drive and Summit Drive. This work will also involve some utility works and signalization upgrades. Expect to see this project start in May.
- Repaving Victoria Street between 8th Avenue and 13th Avenue, including sections of Lansdowne Street and Battle Street. This project is scheduled for late summer.
- Repaving Fleetwood Avenue and constructing a new sidewalk.
- Repaving Comazzetto Road, completing utility work, and extending the sidewalk.
- Constructing the multi-use pathway on Summit Drive as part of the Summit-Downtown Active Transportation Connection. Details on this project are available at LetsTalk.Kamloops.ca/Summit-Downtown.
Work already underway for this year includes continuing Phase 2 of the Tranquille Sanitary Main Upgrade and repaving McArthur Island Ring Road.
For all of these projects, please obey all traffic control personnel and signage when driving in the vicinity of the construction, expect delays, and exercise caution and courtesy.
Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 7:35 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Dawson Falls North Trail – Kamloops Trails
Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 2:01 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Why not leave those leaves alone?
Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 9:01 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Raptor Ridge Ramble – Kamloops Trails
Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 9:18 am - Arjun Singh posted on their blog: 10 Tips for Successful Council Campaigns and Successful Council Terms….
Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 8:50 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Forest Lakes Loop – Kamloops Trails
Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 9:01 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Opax Mountain Cliffs (From the East)
Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 6:35 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: CBD gummy scam illustrates need for media literacy
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 9:01 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Central Mountain Trail (Murtle Lake)
Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Osprey Lookout Trail – Kamloops Trails