Two-Way Left-Turn Lanes | City of Kamloops
Kamloops BC – With Tranquille Road reopening after the first leg of the sanitary main replacement project was complete, motorists will experience the new two-way left-turn lanes between Mayfair Street and Desmond Street.
While common in other communities across North America, these turning lanes are a first in Kamloops and are identified by the combination solid and broken yellow line on both sides of the lane and the pair of opposing left pointing arrows painted on the road surface. They are designed to reduce traffic congestion and rear-end collisions when turning left mid-block while saving the space otherwise required for a dedicated left-turn lane in either direction.
There a few points to remember when utilizing these lanes:
- Spend the shortest time and distance in the lanes as is practical to complete your turn.
- Vehicles traveling in both directions make use of the lane, so be courteous to and aware of oncoming traffic.
- These lanes are intended for turning movements only—they must not be used to pass traffic.
- Always use a signal when moving in and out of the lane.
- When making a left turn back onto the main road, remember you will need to drive across the additional distance of the two-way left-turn lane. Ensure that you plan for added time needed to make the turn when judging gaps in traffic.
- When entering moving traffic, the lanes may be used to wait for an appropriate gap; however, make sure you do not block any other lanes when doing so.
Please use caution and courtesy when using the lanes. For more information on two-way left-turn lanes, visit ICBC.com.
Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Exploring Sugarloaf Hill – Kamloops Trails
Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: The Marsh and Giant Firs on Snowshoes
Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 11:09 am - Darryl Schmidt posted a comment on Grand Finale of the Kamloops Symphony’s “Running The Symphony” Initiative
Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:25 pm - Ryan Noakes created a new Profile
Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:05 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Bush Lake Loop – Kamloops Trails
Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:25 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: U.S. crisis shows need to speak truth to power
Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 3:47 pm - Kamloops Film Society created a new Profile
Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Hidden Homesteads, Lone Trees, and Old Snags
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 4:42 pm - Arjun Singh posted on their blog: Advancing active transportation path construction in Kamloops….
Tue Jan 19 NewBorn 101: Bringing Baby Home
Wed Jan 20 Colombo Cares – Take Home Dinner
Thu Jan 21 Never Without Love, a Journey to Persia
Mon Jan 25 Chefs in the City Reimagined
Tue Jan 26 to Sun Jan 31 2021 Scotties BC Women’s Curling Championship
Fri Jan 29 Business – Student Mentorship Award Gala – AIMCanada TNC
Thu Feb 11 Industry Roundtable – Hospitality
Fri Feb 12 Dinner & Comedy Show with Sophie Buddle
Sat Feb 13 Dinner & Comedy Show with Sophie Buddle
Sat Feb 20 Chamber Musicians of Kamloops Presents A Concert Full Of Passion
Sat Feb 20 Passions
Mon Feb 22 Chefs in the City Reimagined
Fri Feb 26 Speakers Jeremy Heighton, Jo Berry
Sat Mar 6 Kamloops Ambassador Society Father Daughter Ball