Two-Way Left-Turn Lanes | City of Kamloops
Kamloops BC – With Tranquille Road reopening after the first leg of the sanitary main replacement project was complete, motorists will experience the new two-way left-turn lanes between Mayfair Street and Desmond Street.
While common in other communities across North America, these turning lanes are a first in Kamloops and are identified by the combination solid and broken yellow line on both sides of the lane and the pair of opposing left pointing arrows painted on the road surface. They are designed to reduce traffic congestion and rear-end collisions when turning left mid-block while saving the space otherwise required for a dedicated left-turn lane in either direction.
There a few points to remember when utilizing these lanes:
- Spend the shortest time and distance in the lanes as is practical to complete your turn.
- Vehicles traveling in both directions make use of the lane, so be courteous to and aware of oncoming traffic.
- These lanes are intended for turning movements only—they must not be used to pass traffic.
- Always use a signal when moving in and out of the lane.
- When making a left turn back onto the main road, remember you will need to drive across the additional distance of the two-way left-turn lane. Ensure that you plan for added time needed to make the turn when judging gaps in traffic.
- When entering moving traffic, the lanes may be used to wait for an appropriate gap; however, make sure you do not block any other lanes when doing so.
Please use caution and courtesy when using the lanes. For more information on two-way left-turn lanes, visit ICBC.com.
Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:02 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Fossil fuel industry faces an overdue reckoning
Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Island Lake Loop – Kamloops Trails
Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 8:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Lac du Bois Loop Route
Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 3:25 pm - Darryl Schmidt posted a reply on Grand Finale of the Kamloops Symphony’s “Running The Symphony” Initiative
Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Ragged Red Ridge Reverse Route
Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 1:08 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Sun rises on renewable energy and storage
Mon, May 31, 2021 at 12:46 pm - Deniel Lene Enriquez created a new Profile
Mon, May 31, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: The Deep Lake Extended Loop
Fri, May 28, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Dam Lake, Thickets Meadows, and Spade Lake
Fri May 21 to Sat Jun 19 T(w)o New Heights
Fri Jun 18 to Sat Jul 17 “Painting with Wax” by Judith Anderson in the KAC Main Gallery
Thu Jun 24 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Thu Jul 1 to Tue Aug 31 Music in the Park
Wed Jul 14 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Thu Jul 29 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Wed Aug 25 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Thu Aug 26 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Sat Sep 11 to Sun Sep 12 Parkinson SuperWalk
Tue Sep 28 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop