Applications for $1,000 B.C. Recovery Benefit will begin soon
B.C. Recovery Benefit
Starting Dec. 18, 2020, up to 90% of adults in B.C. will be able to apply for the B.C. Recovery Benefit online. Those needing assistance over the phone can complete their application with an agent starting Dec. 21, 2020.
To apply and be eligible for the one-time, tax-free benefit, people must:
- be a resident of B.C. on Dec. 18, 2020;
- be at least 19 years old on Dec. 18, 2020;
- have filed a 2019 income tax return;
- have their 2019 income tax notice of assessment, and if applicable, their spouse’s 2019 income tax notice of assessment;
- have their social insurance number;
- have their direct deposit information; and
- have their B.C. driver’s licence.
Applying online is the fastest way to receive the benefit.
British Columbians can apply through one of the following:
- starting Dec. 18, visiting: gov.bc.ca/recoverybenefit
- starting Dec. 21, agents will be available by phone to assist people who need help applying, including those who do not have internet access.
- starting Dec. 21, phone-based support will be available at 1 833 882-0020 toll-free within North America, Monday to Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific time).
Early next year, the Province will introduce a modified application process. This will ensure those on disability and income assistance who do not have banking services or who have barriers to filing income taxes can apply and receive their benefit quickly at a time of year when people need help the most.
Everyone is encouraged to file their income taxes. By filing, people can receive benefits and credits they might not know they are eligible for.
It is anticipated that a majority of eligible applicants will receive payment within five business days.
For applications that require manual review to determine eligibility, it will take longer for payments to be made, depending on the volumes of applications that require manual review.
The Service BC Provincial Contact Centre has hired 150 new staff to answer questions from the public about the benefit and help people complete applications. However, telephone call volumes may be high and wait times may be longer than normal during the first few weeks. People are encouraged to apply online to avoid any potential wait times.
People have until June 30, 2021, to apply for the B.C. Recovery Benefit.
$150-monthly B.C. Recovery Supplement
- The supplement will be provided to people who receive income assistance, disability assistance and to low-income seniors receiving the B.C. Senior’s Supplement and income assistance and disability recipients residing in special-care facilities.
- The supplement will be automatically added to cheques issued in January, February and March 2021.
- This supplement supports more than 200,000 people, including more than 23,000 families with children, as well as 60,000 low-income seniors.
Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 3:17 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Net zero offers affordable path to climate stability
Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 10:24 am - Darryl Schmidt posted a comment on Slow No Tempo Is Going Virtual For Their Third Annual Singing Valentines
Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Exploring Sugarloaf Hill – Kamloops Trails
Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: The Marsh and Giant Firs on Snowshoes
Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 11:09 am - Darryl Schmidt posted a comment on Grand Finale of the Kamloops Symphony’s “Running The Symphony” Initiative
Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:25 pm - Ryan Noakes created a new Profile
Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:05 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Bush Lake Loop – Kamloops Trails
Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:25 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: U.S. crisis shows need to speak truth to power
Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 3:47 pm - Kamloops Film Society created a new Profile
Mon Jan 25 Chefs in the City Reimagined
Tue Jan 26 to Sun Jan 31 2021 Scotties BC Women’s Curling Championship
Fri Jan 29 Business – Student Mentorship Award Gala – AIMCanada TNC
Thu Feb 11 Industry Roundtable – Hospitality
Fri Feb 12 Dinner & Comedy Show with Sophie Buddle
Sat Feb 13 Dinner & Comedy Show with Sophie Buddle
Sat Feb 20 Chamber Musicians of Kamloops Presents A Concert Full Of Passion
Sat Feb 20 Passions
Mon Feb 22 Chefs in the City Reimagined
Fri Feb 26 Speakers Jeremy Heighton, Jo Berry
Sat Mar 6 Kamloops Ambassador Society Father Daughter Ball
Fri Mar 12 Dinner & Comedy Show with Patrick Maliha
Sat Mar 13 Dinner & Comedy Show with Patrick Maliha
Sat Mar 20 Bonjour, Le Printemps