Call for Applications Now Open for City of Kamloops 2021 Social and Community Development Grants
Kamloops, BC – The City of Kamloops is inviting interested non-profit organizations and societies to submit applications for a 2021 Social and Community Development Grant (formerly the Social Planning Grant).
For the 2021 funding cycle, the Social and Community Development Grants have evolved to meet the needs of our community in uncertain times. The grants will continue to provide funding for projects that address priorities identified in the Kamloops Social Plan, but they will now also support programs, projects, and services that align with City Council’s Strategic goal of livability. Applications may be submitted for operational costs, special projects, special capital expenditures, or one-year seed money for a social enterprise initiative.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- address at least one priority of the Kamloops Social Plan and/or address at least one of the following areas of focus as identified in the City Council Strategic Plan under Livability: Healthy Community, Housing, Inclusivity, Places and Spaces, and Safety
- adhere to the principles of the Sustainable Kamloops Plan
- strengthen and enhance the well-being of our community
- promote volunteering, where appropriate
- address social and community issues and concerns
- improve community or agency capacity to meet specific social and/or community needs
- promote cultural understanding, as applicable
- partner with other service providers in the community
- be well publicized in the community
- occur within the city of Kamloops
The 2021 Social and Community Development Grant application deadline is Monday, November 2, 2020, at 8:00 am. The Social and Community Development Grant application process is completely electronic. To access the required 2021 Social and Community Development Grant application materials, please visit the City’s Grants and Funding page at Kamloops.ca/Grants. Applications must be submitted using the online form.
All applicants will be notified if they have been approved or denied in early December after a thorough evaluation process by the Social Planning Engagement Group, which is facilitated by City staff. Final determination of awards will be made in December 2020.
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 9:00 am - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Is smaller better when it comes to nuclear?
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Lodgepole Lake Loops – Kamloops Trails
Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On Mt. Thynne – Kamloops Trails
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On the Upper Peterson Creek Trails
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 4:10 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: The climate is changing rapidly, but the oil industry isn’t
Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 5:00 pm - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Stake Lake Loops – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Big Pine Nature Hike – Kamloops Trails
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 9:40 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Blueberry River First Nations court victory offers path to reconciliation
Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Along the Red Plateau Escarpment Rim
Thu Jul 1 to Tue Aug 31 Music in the Park
Wed Aug 25 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Thu Aug 26 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Sat Sep 11 to Sun Sep 12 Parkinson SuperWalk
Tue Sep 28 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop