You may have noticed a few more red hats and shirts patrolling the downtown lately. This is because the KCBIA has just finished hiring its Downtown summer CAP Team. You already know the CAP Team supervisor, Jon, as well as Blake, Frankie, Oliver, Jake, and Matt, but they have now been joined by eager new CAP Team members! Meet Lucas, Brooke, Margo, Moira, Erika, and returning CAPper David.
Please don’t be shy when you see these red-shirted individuals out and about!
The Downtown summer CAP Team is collecting business information to update the Open With Care. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them and provide them information like store timings, new safety protocols and essential information for customers. For more information on the Open With Care Campaign: https://www.downtownkamloops.com/open-with-care/
As a quick reminder, here is what the CAP Team can and cannot do for you:
The CAP Team can:
- Help with events
- Pick up needles and drug paraphernalia.
- Observe and report unsafe conditions such as crime, graffiti, and vagrancy
- Assist tourists and customers
The CAP Team cannot:
- Provide emergency treatment
- Respond to criminal activity – please call 911 if there is an immediate emergency/crime in progress
- Clean up garbage, feces or other litter
We can’t wait to see you all downtown!
For more information, check our website: https://www.downtownkamloops.com/about/cap-team/