Recipe for success this holiday season – TRU Newsroom
Check out a staff favourite
We want to help you ease into the holiday season. Potlucks, social gatherings and parties are fun but don’t get left in the cold trying to determine an appetizer to bring with you. Our executive chef, Trevor Bisson, has offered to share his favourite recipe, a delicious holiday appetizer, guaranteed to wow your friends and family. Check out this simple cranberry spinach dip, easy and inexpensive for your student budget.
- 1 bag or bunch of fresh spinach
- Water to wilt the spinach
- ¾ cup of cranberry sauce
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish or more to taste—the more the merrier
- White sugar (to taste, pinch of sweetness)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Dried cranberries for garnish (optional, as many as you would like)
- Place spinach and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Wilt the spinach by pressing and stirring it into the water as it cooks, about a minute or two.
- Remove spinach from water and place onto paper towel. Squeeze spinach tightly to remove as much water as possible.
- Place spinach and chopped onion into a food processor. Pulse a few times until all ingredients are chopped.
- Transfer spinach and onion mix into a large mixing bowl. Add cranberry sauce, sour cream and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Add horseradish, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight to allow the flavours to mix.
- Prior to serving, garnish with dried cranberries. Serve with crackers or pulled sourdough bread.
May your holidays be filled with friends, family, laughter and good food! Happy holidays from the TRU Food Services team.
TRU Food Services welcomes your feedback and looks forward to working with all members of the TRU community to improve the overall dining experience. Send your comments to email@example.com
Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 1:00 pm - Doug Smith posted on their blog: In the Battle Creek Hills
Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 3:05 pm - Arjun Singh posted on their blog: Apologies for horrible word choice at Kamloops council this Tuesday….
Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 1:00 pm - Doug Smith posted on their blog: In the Cache Creek to Spences Bridge Hills
Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Sunrise Mountain Ramble – Kamloops Trails
Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 4:05 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: For climate’s sake, save the peat!
Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: On the Embleton Trails – Kamloops Trails
Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:02 pm - David Suzuki posted on their blog: Fossil fuel industry faces an overdue reckoning
Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 9:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Island Lake Loop – Kamloops Trails
Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 8:00 am - Doug Smith posted on their blog: Lac du Bois Loop Route
Fri Jun 18 to Sat Jul 17 “Painting with Wax” by Judith Anderson in the KAC Main Gallery
Thu Jun 24 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Thu Jul 1 to Tue Aug 31 Music in the Park
Wed Jul 14 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Thu Jul 29 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Wed Aug 25 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop
Thu Aug 26 Artist Coffee – Virtual Meet Up
Sat Sep 11 to Sun Sep 12 Parkinson SuperWalk
Tue Sep 28 Renovate Smart Kamloops Virtual Home Energy Performance Workshop